SPECT/CT studies on HCV services follow the standardized methodology for The American Society of Nuclear Cardiology y The Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
Staff with current certification.
SPECT/CT, provides information function and Anatomy of the heart.
Cardiac SPECT CT is the fussion of 2 advanced and non invasive cardiac diagnostic techniques: Perfusión myocardial gated SPECT and Cardiovascular Tomography; the result is a new medical technology, an hybrid study.
Study the macroscopic arteries of the heart, microcirculation and cardiac motion in rest and effort, among other parameters.
1. There are more than 50 causes of heart attack (heart attack) with coronary arteries without cholesterol, i.e. without obstruction by atherosclerosis. SPECT/CT diagnosed form of non-invasive, i.e., without catheterization, people carrying many of these causes of infarction and can measure the amount of heart with poor circulation (ischemia), thus helping the physician to determine the intensity and type of treatment most suitable in each patient.
2. SPECT/CT information can indicate or you can avoid a catheterization with stent or heart surgery, as shown in the image below.
3. Stable cardiac infarction after 12 hours of home, SPECT CT not only detects non-invasive way is, without catheterization, the number, location and severity of blockages by cholesterol, - if any-, in the diseased heart arteries: also shows if after a heart attack, it exists within the same, living tissue (ischemia or hibernation), sufficient to justify rescue him by opening the coronary artery infarct, through catheterization and stent or heart surgery.
If there is no ischemia or hibernation, i.e., if there is no salvageable living tissue in the infarcted area, is not justified to make catheterization or heart surgery, in the context of stable coronary patient.
SPECT CT helps the doctor to know if it exists or salvageable living not tissue (ischemia or hibernation), after a heart attack, thus, choosing the best possible treatment for each patient; Therefore, sets with much accuracy the convenience or uselessness of catheterization with stent.
4. Women with chest pain that suggests heart disease: 50% of women between 45 and 55 years, at age of peri menopause with typical angina pectoris, have anatomically healthy coronary arteries; in them, a SPECT CT can indicate or avoid a catheterization.
5. Los puentes musculares son la alteración congénita de las arterias coronarias más frecuente y son causa de infarto. Un SPECT CT informa si el puente causa isquemia (mala circulación) y evitar o indicar procedimientos invasivos como una cirugía de corazón o un cateterismo diagnóstico.
6. Anomalous origin of coronary artery, one of the leading causes of sudden death in young, SPECT / CT evaluates clearly the relationship of the abnormal way of coronary artery with the existence of ischemia (poor circulation), to establish the need or not of corrective surgery.
If there is no living tissue at risk (ischemia or hibernation), in sufficient quantity, is not justified to perform catheterization, with or without stent or surgery of heart, or bypass, in the context of stable coronary patient.
Ischemia myocardial infarction with severe ischemia (purple area) in the territory of the right coronary artery (which can be seen with 2 blockages, a proximal and distal most), when it is severe, indicating high risk of heart attack, in this case, the catheterization with stent is indicated, is necessary and because it is very useful to improve survival and functional capacity of the patient should be normalize the blood circulation and the contraction of the heart in the ischemic zone.
Myocardial infarction earlier extensive (Orange zone), without residual ischemia, coronary artery heals. In this case, the blockage that caused the heart attack was a muscular bridge that strangled to the artery. Infarction is presented with exercise, during a football game.
SPECT/CT is a non-invasive, safe, outpatient, requires no anesthesia or hospital stay.